Get your essential aminos on with these protein-packed brunch or post-workout meal.
What you’ll need (makes 10 pikelet-size pancakes)
- 1 cup egg whites
- ½ cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp cottage cheese (if desired)
- ¼ cup buckwheat flakes or rolled oats
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp chocolate protein powder
- Water or almond milk to mix
- Sliced banana (berries may be substituted)
What you’ll do
Heat non-stick pan with spray oil. Place all ingredients in a bowl and combine using a hand blender (or place in a blender and blend until combined). Pour quarter of the batter into the hot pan and tip pan to coat. Using a spatula, push edges towards centre. Once set, flip and cook other side. Remove from pan and repeat with remaining batter. Serve with a smudge of chocolate topping and sliced banana or fresh berries of your choice.
Recipe: Adapted from Anna Sward’s pancakes
You might also like browsing more healthy recipes.
Read more …
Women’s Health & Fitness Combined Feed